The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Blogging on the sly...

I can actually blog from the Cancer Agency - cool! It's become a new obsession. I'm in the process of being hydrated. Had my blood taken this morning to test for hcg. They say that the results with be in this afternoon. My lovely doctor came to see me, Dr.P. She is so great! She is going to find out for me how many people in BC have been treated for this each year. I know it may be weird to want to know these kind of statistics but I'm interested and she said she would try to find out for me. She also told me that all of the patients that she's treated (and it's been a lot) have been cured and only 2 cases that she knows of had a reoccurence, where their hcg levels went up again, after 6 months at zero. Hence, the wait time of 12 months. This first blood draw might not show a huge drop in hcg levels. Apparently sometimes this happens but very rarely. She also assured me that the red bleeding I was having was nothing to worry about. When the trophoblastic cells die then they are shed from the uterus and there will be some bleeding. So, sounds like it's a healthy sign.

We thought we were going to be late this morning. M said, "Well, it's not a job interview." I'm not used to getting up so bloody early. I like to go to bed late and get up late. When I came out of our apartment we bumped into a neighbor. This is the same guy who M had pulled the chemo card with when M told him to turn down his loud music. You know, the chemo card, like when you use the word 'chemo' to get your way. It's bad but oh, so good. So this guy looks at me and doesn't say hello but I see all the thoughts going through his head..."Who's that....oh, that must be his wife....right, the one that's taking chemo....that's sucks....hey,she doesn't look too bad....he wouldn't have lied about the chemo would he?..." This literally flashed across his face in like 5 seconds. Weird.

Love this blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home