The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back home finally!

I'm so glad to be free from dragging around that IV stand and all the cords to get tied up in. And I'm at home now and that feels awesome!

I met a guy who was having chemotherapy and he invited me to the Young Adult's Cancer Network (www.yacn.ca) support group meeting. I told him my story and how I'm not sure if I really 'fit in' although this is technically considered cancer. He said I could come and that it was a nice group of people. I'm glad that he invited me. We had a good talk. He said that he was treated for cancer when he was a kid and the treatment caused this secondary tumour that he now has as a young adult. He said that the chemo and treatment has come a long way since.

I don't know how much I want to identify with being a cancer survivor. I'm not sure where that's coming from but there, it's out in the open. The prognosis is so good with GTN (gestational trophoblastic disorder) that I'm trying not to think of this as cancer. I guess it's a protective mechanism. Maybe it would be good for me to go to a group. I don't know. I'll think about it.

I'm very glad to be home and I'm off to take a sleep because I didn't get to bed until 3:30am last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home