The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Feeling human again.

I woke up feeling fairly normal again. The only thing is, everytime I think of the hospital food I want to hurl. I mean, I guess that's not so weird but why is it crossing my mind? Maybe they should give Stemycil (anti-nausea drug) to everyone who eats at the hospital.

M went to get groceries last night at the little store and the owner rushed out as M left to give us flowers. He had somehow intuited that we had had another miscarriage (if only he knew the whole story...maybe we'd get free groceries). How did he know?? The owner knew about the last one because he had asked when we were going to have kids and M told him that we had had a miscarriage. I was so proud of M that he was so open and honest. I wasn't there but apparently he was so nice about it and took M's hand and said he was so sorry. That's way better than I've been treated by a bunch of people.

So how did he know about this pregnancy loss? Is there some magical food buying formula that he's stumbled upon for telling if a woman's pregnant and then miscarried? Did he guess? It's a mystery. I wish more people could have that kind of radar and then give me flowers or gifts. So far, I've received 2 'Get Well' cards and 0 'Sympathy' cards. I guess people don't really consider this a loss or maybe they stand there in front of the Hallmark cards for a really long time and debate about which would be the more appropriate card- sympathy or get well. I guess 'Get Well' works for a miscarriage too because I most certainly am not well after my miscarriages.

On another topic: I received an email back from Aliza Sherman (owner of babyfruit blog) which I was really impressed by. She must be incredibly occupied considering she has a baby, a partner and a writing business.She's also making a movie about miscarriages. She's had 4 or 5 miscarriages herself. She replied to my questions about how to get health insurance to cover alternative therapies (like accupuncture and massage). I'm amazed to see all of the blogs on infertility, trying to conceive and miscarriages listed on her blog. I even found one called http://additionproblems.blogspot.com
that documents a lesbian couple that had a partial molar pregnancy after IVF. I haven't found many blogs on molar pregnancies. In fact, I haven't found many pregnancy loss forums that have a section for molar pregnancies. They often have a section for ectopic pregnancies, but not molar. Hmmmm....I made a request at 'Facts about Miscarriage' forum to include a section on molar pregnancies but they haven't posted a reply yet.

I can't believe I've been up since 8:30am. Maybe I've got a new sleep cycle going on and I'll be able to go to yoga tomorrow (9:30am). Things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home