The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Surfacing

Woah...I was not too cheery the other day when I last posted. I'm glad to say that I'm feeling better now. I didn't get much sleep that night (3 hours maybe). I ended up going into the lounge and crashing on the couch. Eee gad. At least it was quiet.

It is all done though. Done. No more chemo.

Dr. H explained that they like to follow patients for one year after chemo treatment but that it would be okay if I wanted to start trying again after 6 months. Having that option made me feel better. Now we can see how we feel about it at 6 months. I might need more time to recover or perhaps I'll be ready. I want to be in a really good headspace and feeling strong in my body.

M is having a hard time. I think that he kept all of the stress and grief under tight control and now he's ready to pop. I know that he'll feel better in time. He processes things differently than I do. I complain as I go along. He maintains a steady positive outlook. Then he cracks big. Neither is better or worse. It just is what it is.

I have time now to recover and "have some fun" (doctor's orders) before I go back to work. Oh what should I do with myself? Let's see...exercise and lose the 10 pounds I put on during pregnancy and chemo. Other ideas:
- explore different neighborhoods in this city
- go to the Art Gallery
- matinee movies
- shop
- hair cut
- Harrison hotsprings
- walks to Granville market

What else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home