The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Number of times stuck by a Needle Hall of Fame

29 times in the past 4 months. It could be more than that and I've just blocked it out.

The guy taking my blood today asked me if this was my first time having a needle. Hah! Little does he know. First time I've had a needle from you honey.

I never used to watch the needle go in but now I do. Now, it has become like a test of courage. It's not the needles I hate anymore but the wait time to get the bloody thing. I waited an hour today to have blood drawn. What a bunch of crap. Teach me how to take the blood and then I could just deliver it! Talk about the banking model for health care. I would like it if a nurse at my family doctor's office took my blood. Then I could say hi to my doctor and get to know the nurse. The people at this lab never remember me.

I need to find some way to make these blood tests fun. I need to associate it with some kind of treat afterwards or during the waiting. Perhaps next time I will treat myself to a yummy, fattening froo-froo coffee and I will bring a long my mp3 player and listen to some loud rock. Or, I could figure out how to text people on my cell phone and do that while I'm waiting. Or, I could write notes and pass them to people sitting there waiting. Then, after the blood test I get to buy myself one piece of clothing or have dinner out or something. It's all about the rewards.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

It is defintely all about the rewards.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I just got myself coffee after my last blood draw. I was like, "I totally deserve this." And 29 times? You TOTALLY deserve it.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home