The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

5 more months. Sometimes I feel ridiculous posting these milestones but somehow it seems important. Five does certainly not sound as long as seven. 5 is completely tolerable. 2.5 more months of school. That's a flash. Then it's summer. It would probably be okay to start to try in the summer. From the reading I've done, it's like a 3.5% risk that it (GTN) will come back ever and then after 6 months at zero, it's half that I think. It's very bizarre that the abnormal placental cells can persist after all of that chemo. How could they go dormant and then spring up again? I just don't get it. I seem to go over this and over this in my mind. It's not like all of my Google searches are going to lead to some solid answers. The other night I discovered Google Scholar and I was trying to find articles on cases where women became pregnant before the wait time was up and the outcome. I didn't find too much. Although, I did find one article that concluded that pregnancy does not cause a GTN relapse. It seems like the first 6 months after hitting zero (after chemo) is the most likely time of relapse.

I want to write more about what's going on in my life. I'm trying to hang out with people who make me laugh. I want to enjoy the arts more. I want to paint (even though I don't know the slightest thing about it). I want to leave work earlier. I want to get more exercise. I'm enjoying the sun. I have a cold right now. My family is getting on my nerves. I could go on and on about work but I make it a policy not to. What else? I feel like I need more freedom. Who doesn't though? I'd love to pack up a VW van and just head off up north or something. Somewhere where there are not a lot of people. I'm tired of living around so many other people. I need a coffee. I seem to be tired a lot of the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hooray for 5 months. I'm right with you on your questions on risk factors. I'd relax over the Summer on the whole contraception thing. 2 months is only 2 eggs! Your trip sounds heavenly. I am completely green with envy! I love that area so much. What a fantastic thing to look forward to. I hope the next few months before you leave go so fast! You really deserve this trip.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I hope the five months pass quickly. And that you have much happiness both now and once you can begin trying again.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home