The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm looking for a new place to live (again). I'm pressing the refresh button on craiglist like it's a slot machine game. M and I went on a field trip to Deep Cove and we love it! It would take us about the same time to get from there to work as from where we are now. It seems like it would be a really peaceful little community near the water and not as congested as where we are right now.

Work is going well. I'm enjoying it. There is also only 3 months left which is hard to believe. We are planning a trip to the Maritimes for this summer - first Montreal, Quebec, Gaspe peninsula, Halifax, Cape Breton Island, PEI. I think it will be amazing. It's something I'm really looking forward to.

A woman at work gave me an email address of a friend of hers that had a molar pregnancy, chemo and miscarriages. She now had 1 child and is very pregnant with her second. I finally emailed her and she shared her story and her feelings on everything now. She said she wouldn't change anything because it would mean that she wouldn't have her first child, her little girl. I can get that. It's a positive way to look at things too.

I'm so glad I have an online community regarding this molar pregnancy experience because I don't talk about it with anyone else (besides my husband). It feels like only the women who have been through it truly understand. And if they are in the wait time, they understand how the grief and the frustration are still present, even though the molar pregnancy was months ago. That's the thing, it keeps going and going. I heard one woman call it the never-ending miscarriage, or was it the longest miscarriage (?). It does end though, thank goodness.

It's funny how everything around this time reminds me of how I was feeling after my miscarriage last year. It was something about Easter and how it's the celebration of new life/renewed life. I was feeling a major disconnect in my life around that. I sure hope that I've become more relaxed about pregnancy but who knows? I wonder if there will be a lot of anxiety around pregnancy? Duh.

A lot of the ladies I am connected with on the forum are being cleared to ttc. I'm glad to have some women go ahead of me so I can live vicariously through their experience. However, I also feel a bit left behind. I guess that makes sense. I am trying to honor my own path though, since I have to walk it. I wish my husband come appear to me from the future and tell me that it will be okay, that we have a child in the future (see "Time Traveller's Wife". )

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I love that term 'the never-ending miscarriage'. Well, it does end, but it does feel never-ending. That describes it so well.
I can understand your feeling of being left behind as the rest of us are cleared one by one. I think that is a very understandable feeling and I felt sad about that for you and the others who are still in the wait time when I was cleared suddenly. But I am still here and I haven't forgotten you! It takes me so long to fall pregnant, I feel like I am in a different wait time now!
I hope a place in Deep Cove comes up for you - it looks beautiful!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home