The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wow

Had to quickly post because I'm over the moon! We saw the heartbeat!! I'm still in shock. The midwife was able to get an appointment scheduled for last night at 8pm. It didn't give me a lot of time to panic because I was so occupied all day. But I got pretty scared walking into the ultrasound office (the one where my molar was found). Actually, the midwife appointment was somewhat emotionally painful too because I had to go through all of my history - pregnancy losses and all. We were fortunate to have a really nice ultrasound technician. She was amazing and she found the little pulsing grey speck so quickly. It all felt so unreal. I'm so relieved. No molar. Heartbeat. Measuring about the time we thought it should be. It's such a gift. Now, we just need to get through to the 13 week mark. Oh, and a heartrate of 112 which she said was good for 6 weeks 2 days. I'm allowing myself some hope and happiness today. Damn the worrying. This is a good feeling to soak in.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations :-) Wonderful news.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh YAY!!!! I'm so unbelievably happy for you! this is the best news and such a great start to have. I'm glad you are feeling positive. It's nice for a change isn't it?

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!!!! I am so happy for you, and will be rooting for you all the way. Jeni

4:24 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

YAYYYYYY!!! Go you little bubba! I am so totally thrilled, Chantelle! I know that feeling walking into that horrible ultrasound place. But isn't it a heavenly place when it shows good news!? 112 is fantastic. I had 122 more than a week later than that. I hope you keep getting really helpful midwives and doctors from here on in. Take it easy and stay strong with the coffee fast. I am with you. That and red wine are really hard to give up! But it's worth it.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home