The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Starting to freak out

Okay, so I stupidly decided to take another pregnancy test this morning, thinking that the line would darker than last time. Well, it wasn't. It was about the same. It was a sickening moment. Shouldn't my hcg be doubling? Shouldn't that make the line darker? To the internet. It seems like it may not necessarily be a bad sign. It seemed like the general consensus was to only trust beta-hcg blood tests and the early ultrasound. One site said to not even be that concerned with hcgs - that the ultrasound gave the most conclusive results. I'm only a little over 5 weeks. If this pregnancy is not going to take then I would prefer it ends sooner than later. And what's making it all worse is that I don't have a good f'ing doctor. I still don't know what to do. I know I don't want to see my gp. I'm leaning towards the midwives and they are so close. Their office is literally 100 feet away from where we live. I'm also emailing everyone I know to try and see if they can recommend a good doctor. I could go to a clinic but then I have to go back to that doctor for the results. I feel so hopeless today. I hate going into doctor's offices - it makes me feel sick. And now pregnancy is just associated with disappointments and sadness. I think today will be spent in bed underneath the covers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Hugs!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- a note of gentle reassurance here -- everybody pees on multiple sticks hoping for darker lines, but please know that the darkness of the line is a *lousy* diagnostic tool for how healthy the pregnancy is. Differences in how hydrated you are (and therefore how concentrated the HCG is in your urine), differences in batches of pregnancy tests themselves, and other factors can influence how dark the line becomes. Really. Believe me. Try not to make yourself too crazy, OK?

Shelley

6:41 PM  
Blogger Chantelle said...

Thanks Shelley for the reassurance. I wish I could keep my cool, but on the other hand, it's okay to be human. Malc just read your comment and he said, "there, you see". And I feel better.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home