The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Friday, October 05, 2007

I'm listening to Melissa's Etheridge's newest album "The Awakening". It's really good. It's helping me through this time. I love when an album or book or TV show finds its way to you at the right time. It's good magic.


I've got my nuchal ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm taking a full day off. I am scared. I think I might feel more confident if I had major pregnancy symptoms but they've been so minimal lately and I have no baby bump. The (private) clinic that I have to go to for this ultrasound makes me feel stressed. I'm not sure exactly why. I guess it's because I have no relationships with anyone there. Deep breath. I need to refocus to the present moment. I get going so fast with work that I think it takes me out of the moment. Always planning ahead or feeling behind. Life of a teacher.


I'm going to take this weekend to be nurturing to myself. To be thankful. I'm so thankful for my husband. That came so naturally and we have a great relationship. I am thankful for my parents who are less than perfect but perfectly themselves. I am thankful for the new connections I've made at work with other teachers. I am thankful for music and for magic moments with kids and students. I am thankful for this incredible fall day.


I want to take long walks alone in nature. I want a puppy. I want to paint. I want lots of hugs. I want this baby. I want to worry less. I want to be more present. I want to cry more. I want to read more and enjoy all forms of entertainment. I want to go to the Art Gallery and see plays. I want to see huge spectacles. I want to go to the farmer's market and buy yummy food.

What's your "I want" list?

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Oh I feel nervous for you too. My I want list begins with I want your baby and mine to make it to full term in good health!

Your I want list is inspiring. I think I want all the same things, except a puppy. My puppy is beautiful but old and not as well as she once was. I want her to live on forever. I want easy relationships, no death, no crying, no pain. (But then that wouldn't be life on earth.) I want what's best for me! I want wisdom beyond my years.

I want to read really great news on here on Wednesday! You can almost clock off on the first trimester! Woo hoo!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

R u okay? No blog entry after Tuesday? I hope all went fine.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home