The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Back from Edmonton

Life feels far too busy right now. We got back from Edmonton last night. It was Malc's 20th highschool reunion. I tagged along to visit with his parents. It was a good weekend but kind of draining. We told them about our pregnancy and that was a bit weird. Maybe I wasn't quite ready yet to share. My fil was really excited and showed it. My mil had a more measured response, shall we say. Malcolm thinks she may be anxious for us. She had a lot of questions about midwife care. It seems that she thought we should have a doctor but she never came right out and said it. I love them dearly. I guess I didn't realize that I had certain expectations about how they would react. Plus, this wasn't the first time that we had announced a pregnancy. It was weird and I still feel so protective. I don't want to share the news. Has anyone else felt this way?

Will right more soon once things calm down a bit. Full time work - blak.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Totally! I wasn't sure what reaction I wanted out of people early on this pregnancy! Didn't want the pressure of people being too over-excited, didn't want the suspicious, cautious response as I felt that my baby deserved more than that. Now I am in a better place and just feel plain annoyed with people who aren't actively excited in their response (unless they are struggling with infertility or pregnancy loss themselves!) Such a strange emotional ride this motherhood thing!

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home