The Complete Egg

The before, during and after of a molar pregnancy, with a side of chemo and a 12 month wait before ttc. And most recently: experience of a healthy pregnancy.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I can relax now

Note: I'm sorry. I thought I had published this but apparently I didn't. How distracted is that? I didn't mean to cause any worry. There's enough of that that none of us need any more.
-------------------------------------------------

Phew! The nuchal's done and it went really well. Our baby has fingers and toes. We saw him or her move! So cool. I felt like I was going to vomit before we went in (and it wasn't pregnancy symptoms). It was from sheer anxiety and terror. Fortunately, the (young) doctor was calm and was able to reassure us quite quickly that the fetus was (is) present and does have a heartbeat. Everything checks out and our baby's risk for certain abnormalities is low (like 1 in 10,000). So we don't have to go on to the more invasive tests like CVS or amnio. I feel such relief and amazement. I was again prepared for the worst and I really need to stop that. So I feel great and I'm glad I had taken the whole day off to celebrate with my husband. We had a awesome day together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that everything is good and well in your world. I must admit, I was a little worried when I didn't see a post! Of course I am not there yet where I would share a pregnancy (Just started my year wait time) though I have thought about it, and often think that I wouldn't want to tell anyone. I think for me it comes with the feelings of failure, and I don't like to fail. Like I failed at pregnancy the first round, big time. Even though I know i didn't do anything wrong? We do need to remember that we need the support, no matter what happens. I'm not sure even knowing that would make it any easier for me. I think you will feel better about telling people as your confidence increases, as you see that everything is going to be alright. Jeni

4:26 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Far out! I have been worried sick! I tried to put up a post asking if u were okay, but I don't think it worked? So pleased nuchal was good! I am just super pleased - here beginneth Trimester Number Two!! Cheers to that (with our non-alcoholic cocktails!)

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home